The new membership period will start on 1st April 2021 and will run to 31st March 2022. Club fees for 2021/22 have now been agreed - Seniors £20pa; Juniors/unwaged £10pa; plus England Athletics registration at £15pa
JOIN US THIS YEAR & CELEBRATE OUR 40th ANNIVERSARY!
New members will be welcome to sign up using the new form
- If you no longer require Harrier Membership then please let us know and we will remove you from the system
- If you do not receive an online request early in April then please let us know ASAP and we will investigate
- Have you changed your e-mail address this past year? If so, then the online request will go to your old e-mail address unless you tell us!
- Please pay as soon as possible using the online system when you receive the request to maintain continuous membership.
NEW MEMBER enquiries, forms & payments to Harrier Club Secretary Paul Chadwick please - SEE NEW FORM BELOW.
WHAT MEMBERS ARE SIGNING UP TO
By making your payment to Wells City Harriers you will be signifying that you:
- Abide by the Club Constitution and UK Athletics rules
- Abide by the UKA & England Athletics Welfare Policy & Safeguarding Codes of Conduct, as adopted by the Club
- Give permission for photographs taken at Club or public events and races to be used for Wells City Harrier publicity only (notify us in writing if you do not want this to apply)
- Will volunteer some time to help the Club in its activities (if a junior member, then your parent is expected to contribute time). During the course of the year you will be allocated to a volunteer task e.g. marshalling at one of the Street 5k races unless you wish to volunteer in some other specific way with our agreement (e.g. coaching; team-management; joining the committee - please contact us to ask about those roles)
Wells City Harriers Constitution (1981, revised 1994, and last revised 2006)
Wells City Harriers Partnership Agreement with Yeovil Olympiads (2000)
UK Athletics & England Athletics Safeguarding Codes of Conduct (2020 & 2021)
Wells City Harriers Data Protection Policy (2018)
FOR NEW MEMBERS (ONLY):
The 'new members' form for 2021/22 is now available You will be able to complete it & e-mail it back (preferred method) or print it off & post back. Please ensure you fill out both sides and sign the form.
After receipt of your completed new members form, we will add you to the Harrier member database and you will then receive an invoice to pay online - this will be sent after 1st April 2021.
Please do not use an old membership form as this is no longer in use. Please do not use the form if you were a paid up member in 2020/21- you will be sent an e-mail requesting you to renew online after the 1st April 2021. 2nd Claim members can join for the same amount as 1st claim members to benefit from discounted training fees etc.
Annual Fees for 2021/22 – the Membership year ends on 31st March 2022
|Category of Membership||Club Fee||England Athletics fee||
|Active Coach or Hon Life Member||Free||Paid by the club||Free|
|Adult (EA fee if competing)||£20||£15||£35|
Junior (age 11 upwards or becomes 11 during membership year)
Unwaged, Student, Senior citizen
(EA fee if competing)
|Junior (age 8-10)||£10||n/a||£10|
Please do not compete as a Harrier if you haven't renewed your membership.
VOLUNTEERING SOME TIME: We expect all Harrier members, or parents of juniors, to contribute time to the Club. This might be by helping out at training (e,g, holding a stop-watch; raking the long-jump pit), acting as a team manager; becoming a trained coach or official; writing a report for the website, taking a photo or two for the website, or helping to marshal at either the Street 5k Series or the Wells Fun Run. You can also help by joining the committee to plan Club activities and oversee the development of the Club. We will allocate you to a task during the year, or you can volunteer for a specific role if you contact us in advance (e.g. marshalling at one or more of the Street 5k races between October 2021 & March 2022)
Click here for NEW MEMBERS FORM
JOINING US FROM ANOTHER CLUB?
It's now relatively straight forward to switch Clubs. Click here to find out how to move Clubs.
We had almost 200 members aged 8 and upwards in 2020/21.
Over 100 of the members train regularly at one or more Harrier sessions.
On some weekends we have up to 100 members of different ages competing at different events.
In addition we have a number of non-competing and social members.
BENEFITS OF HARRIER MEMBERSHIP:
1. Priority for Club training sessions (training fees are £2 per session);
2. Discounted kit;
3. Qualified Harrier coaches at all Club coached sessions;
4. If EA registered - Reduced race entry fees; (usually £2 cheaper for any road or off-road race)
5. If EA registered - Opportunity to be part of a winning team! Entry fees paid for Cross-Country Leagues, road relays and off-road relays
6. Covered by Club insurances (Club pays annual £150 fee to EA)
7. Wells City Harriers can subsidise any coaching or officiaiting course you attend if you then commit to helping out at Club sessions/events.
8. We are one of the top clubs in the South West region for Road-Running & Cross-country
9. We have coached many junior athletes to top 10 in national rankings, and on to represent Team GB (9 Harriers have now represented TeamGB in the years 1998-2020)
10. We organise start up training & couch to 5k programmes for those trying to get fit or fitter
11. Membership of Wells City Harriers with EA registration also gives membership (for free) of Yeovil Olympiads to compete at Track & Field
12. Discounted social events including our Annual Dinner & if applying for London Marathon place in the main ballot as a Harrier with EA registration then you can be included in the ballot held at the Annual Dinner for the Club's allocated place(s) if unsuccessful in the main ballot.
ENGLAND ATHLETICS REGISTRATION
As a Club we have always encouraged our members to compete and to benefit from England Athletics Registration when doing so. More information about the benefits of England Athletics registration can be found here. We envisage competition opportunities will begin to open up by the summer of 2021.
Harrier Membership runs until you formally resign in writing to the Membership secretary and is due every April 1st.